Good Neighbors, Great Neighborhood!

There are many ways to be a good neighbor, and here are a few examples! First of all, to me, being a good neighbor means taking the time to know your neighbors personally. When I first moved into my house about three years ago, I would go on walks around my block, and introduce myself to others, so that I would be able to know each and every person that lived in the neighborhood. I feel like that is also true vice versa. I recently had new neighbors move in around the corner, and as a resident in the neighborhood, I took the time to talk to them, and introduce myself to new neighbors too. Secondly, a good neighbor helps out with small things and problems. For example, over the summer, I helped take care of animals for the house across the street from me while they were on vacation. I also helped some other neighbors build their chicken coop, and some other friends with watering their plants and flowers. Lastly, being a good neighbor means giving back to others who have helped you. During the holidays, my family always bakes a treat for each neighbor to say a thank you for all they have done for us. This is what makes a great neighbor, and creates an awesome neighborhood!